Pages

Thursday 16 February 2012

Lemon Cupcake Recipe

For valentine, I was thinking to make chocolate but it didn't turn out as I expected. My hands were itching to make something and I was asked to make lemon cupcake so I thought, why not????? I used the almighty google and chose a simple recipe.

Here it goes.

Lemon Cupcakes

Lemon Cupcake Recipe
Ingredients

  • 100 g butter
  • 100 g caster sugar
  • 100 g all purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 lemon, finely grated zest of
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees
  • Using an electric whisk, beat the butter, sugar, 1/2 lemon zest until very light and fluffy.
  • Add the flour and baking powder then add eggs one at a time, make sure you beat one egg well before adding the next egg into the batter.
  • Put the batter into cupcake pan (around 2/3 each pan)
  • Bake in the oven for 10-20 minutes until it's cooked.
A few days after I made the lemon cupcakes, I was thinking to make chocolate cupcake but I was asked again to make the lemon cupcakes. In the middle of mixing the dough, I said I had all ingredients to make chocolate cupcakes, so I decided to make chocolate cupcake by putting 1/3 cup of chocolate powder instead of putting lemon, 3 eggs instead of 2, and also 2 tbs of milk. It turned out great. It was yummy!!!!!

Chocolate Cupcakes

1 comment: